To add a new Base Layer:
- Click on Admin and Data.
- Click Add Layer.
- Click the tab you require based on your data format :
- Fill out the details for your data. Explanations of all fields found in ALL data formats are below:
- Name: The baselayer name that will be used in GRID.
- Category: The category that your activity will be grouped under.
- Order: The order in which the baselayer will show in regards to all the other layers in GRID – 1 indicates the very bottom layer. If layers have the same order, GRID will randomly select one to show above the other.
- Data File: Browse for the location of your data.Data must be in zipped format for shapefiles.
Data must be in a GPX format for GPS outputs.
- Data URL: The URL of your Web Map Service or XYZ tileset.
- Is Spherical Mercator: If checked, the XYZ tileset is Spherical Mercator.
- Min Scale: The minimum scale you would like your data to show in the GRID map.
- Max Scale: The maximum scale you would like your data to show in the GRID map.Keep these values empty if you want to see the data at all scales.
- Layer Access: What type of user will be able to see and add to this activity.Internal: Only Internal users have access to this activity.
External: Internal and External users have access to this activity.
Public: The layer can be seen externally on a website. Also both Internal and External users have access to this activity.
More details on users can be found in 6.12 Internal, External and Public permission levels in GRID.
- Click Submit.
- Layers can be deleted by selecting them from the table and clicking on Delete Layer.
- To specifically upload GPS eXchange format go to Admin, Data and follow from 4.1.2 Upload GPS.
- To upload Web Map Service (WMS) go to Admin, Data and follow 4.1.3 Establish Web Map Service (WMS) connection.
- To upload a Web Map Tile Service (WMTS) go to Admin, Data and follow 4.1.4 Adding a Web Map Tile Service (WMTS) connection.
- To upload an XYZ tileset, please contact the GRID Support team if you would like further information.
- To upload GeoTIFFs (image/ raster) go to Admin, Data and follow from 4.1.6 Upload GeoTIFF format.